There are several common processes for making prototype models: CNC prototype machining, 3D printed prototypes, silicone prototypes, sheet metal prototypes, low-pressure infusion prototypes, and more. Let us briefly describe the steps and advantages of CNC machining prototypes today.
Prototype, many people call it prototype model. In simple terms, that is, after the design of an industrial product is completed, it is not immediately put into production, but a small number of models should be made according to the drawing. The purpose is to see the sample of the finished product early. If you are not satisfied, you can modify the drawing Until the final no objection, then start mass production. This small number of models is the prototype model in the mouth.
The steps for CNC prototype machining are as follows:
1) Talk about the CNC machining price and delivery date, and sign a machining contract.
2) Analyze the part drawing and product assembly drawing, and perform process analysis on the part.
3) Select the blank.
4) CNC prototype programming.
5) Determine the machining allowance for each process, and calculate the process size and tolerance.
6) Determine the equipment and tools, fixtures, measuring tools and auxiliary tools used in each process.
7) Determine the cutting amount and man-hour quota.
8) Determine the technical requirements and inspection methods for each major process.
9) Fill in the CNC prototype proofing process file.
CNC prototype machining has the following advantages:
① No complicated tooling is required. If you want to change the shape and size of the part, you only need to modify the part machining program, which is suitable for new product development and modification.
② The PTJ prototype has stable machining quality, high machining accuracy and high repeat accuracy, which can meet the machining requirements of high-precision products.
③ In the case of mass production, the production efficiency is high, which can reduce the time for production preparation, machine tool adjustment and process inspection.
④ It can process complex profiles that are difficult to process by conventional methods, and even machining parts that cannot be observed.